Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A brief plan:

For this portfolio project, my main purpose or goal would be to evoke the feeling that the brush, pen or pencil is creating the music - so to speak - that these tools are my musical instruments.

Also, to maybe evoke the feeling that the artwork that is created IS the “Music” or “Sound.” I want to do this with short music videos. (I hope to do a series of videos, but I might just devote all my time into one…) I will use a video camera to catch me “perform” music on paper (so my hand(s) will be on the screen).

The plan:

1) Compose original compositions, (I also might use a previous composition of mine for one of the videos, and perhaps a non-original piece)

2) Record the songs

3) For each song I will have to think of a way to represent it visually. (By creating my own notation, using abstract shapes, lines, etc.)

4) Then I will “perform” the songs via artistic materials (brush, ink, canvas, etc) along with the songs – this will be recorded by a video camera

5) Final editing

No comments: