Proposal:
I would like to create a series of music videos for original music compositions. As well as create my own visual notation for each composition. These videos will be recordings of me physically drawing or painting images, which will be closely related to the music that is being played. Each video will tentatively run approximately from 2 to 6 minutes.
Creative Intentions:
Overall, my intention is to present the close relationship between sound and sight, music and visual art. I hope to do this in a number of ways.
Synesthesia: A condition, where a sensation occurs in one modality when another modality is subjected to a stimulus. In this case the stimulus is visuals and sound, for example, some people see visuals when hearing music or vice versa.
I would like to suggest that the brush, pen, or pencil is the musical instrument. The visual outcome would then represent the musical outcome - thus, creating a sort of visual-musical notation for each song.
Creating a visual notation for each piece, in itself is a way to draw the connection between music and visuals.

No comments:
Post a Comment